1. At SANIFIX (M) SDN BHD (“SANIFIX”), we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDPA”).
2. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how we manage and safeguard personal data. “Personal data” means information about you which you have provided to SANIFIX, such as your name and/or company name, address, telephone number, NRIC and/or company registration number, passport and/or personal identification number (applicable to overseas/foreign buyers), email address, your personal preferences, and bank account information and any information which may identify you and/or your company that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by SANIFIX from time to time.
3. By submitting your personal data, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by SANIFIX and all persons involved in the provision of services by SANIFIX. You are not required to provide us any personal data if you do not want it to be used in this way.
The personal data we collect
1. In the course of our services, you may provide personal data to us, as clients or other parties, in which case, we will assume until notified otherwise, that you have authorized the disclosure of your personal data to us.
2. When you use our website, you are not required to provide any personal data on the public areas of our website. However, you may choose to provide us with information by contacting us, including for subscription to our publications, client alerts and client events, and for career enquiries or applications.
3. SANIFIX may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have which shall include, without limitation:-
a) to communicate with you;
b) to respond to questions and comments from you;
c) for internal administrative purposes;
e) for SANIFIX to comply with its obligations under law, including compliance with laws relating to evidence; and you agree and consent to SANIFIX using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice;
f) for marketing and promotion purposes. We may also use your personal information to send you marketing or promotional materials about our products or third party sellers’ products and services from time to time, unless you choose to opt-out from receiving these materials;
g) to improve the layout or content of the pages of the Platform and customise them for users;
h) to identify visitors on the Platform;
i) to carry out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour; and
j) to provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our or third party sellers’ products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes.
The list in this section is not an exhaustive list of SANIFIX’s usage of the Personal Data and SANIFIX reserves the right to amend, add, and/or delete such list from time to time in this section.
4. We do not sell or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this Notice or with your prior permission.
1. We will take reasonable care to implement security measures which safeguard against unauthorized or unlawful access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data. If our data processing is carried out by a third party, we will require that they adhere to our standards.
2. In the event that SANIFIX becomes aware or reasonably believes that there has been any unauthorized acquisition of, hacking, breaching or access to data, we shall promptly notify you of such security breach and we are agreeable to take reasonable steps to deal with the Security Breach.
3. We shall reasonably cooperate with you, and at your request, any law enforcement or regulatory officials, credit reporting companies, and credit card associations, with respect to the investigation and remediation of such security breach.
4. Neither party hereto shall be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages whatsoever arising out of the Security Breach.
Disclosure to Third Parties
SANIFIX may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on SANIFIX’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
a. information technology (IT) service providers;
b. data entry service providers;
c. storage facility providers;
d. banks and financial institutions;
e. insurance providers;
f. any professional advisors and external auditors;
g. regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements
You can request to see the personal data we hold about you and, if the personal data is inaccurate, you can request that we update it. You may do so by sending us an email at email@example.com Please allow us reasonable time to respond and effect any change.
If you do not want us to use your personal data to provide you with publications and information about SANIFIX’s services, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
By not informing us or unsubscribing, we will assume we have your implied consent to use your personal data as described above.
SANIFIX reserves the right to change this Notice from time to time. The current version will always be posted on our website. This Client Personal Data Protection Notice was last updated on 6 June 2020.